In health-conscious communities like Boulder, Colorado, more and more you’re finding people drinking CBD infused Coffee as part of their daily wellness regimen. Adding superfoods and adaptogens to drinks isn’t a new concept, but now Hemp-derived CBD extracts are being served in coffee cups everywhere — be it a café in the mall or Grandma’s house. Since the idea’s birth in 2014, many methods to infuse coffee have come about, but the gourmet cups are still those brewed from whole beans. The freshness of the coffee bean is preserved, and so are both the ritual and art of coffee preparation. Just this time the coffee contains the benefits of one of the world’s oldest cultivated plants, Hemp. Now coffee is even more beneficial to its massively loyal crowd in quite a few ways.
While the industrial and medical benefits of hemp and its extracts have been limited due to the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937, scientific research concerning Industrial Hemp is beginning to get a breath of fresh air with State Pilot programs being sanctioned by the Agricultural Act of 2014. In addition to allowing the cultivation and medical research of Industrial Hemp, it has also created a booming market for everyday wellness products. In 2016, Entrepreneur Devin Jamroz, the Founder of Boulder’s SteepFuze, began selling his Original CBD Coffee after three years of formulation. What has now become an all too comfortable pairing is demonstrating there are better ways to enhance a plain old cup of coffee than just adding sugar, cream, or butter.
SteepFuze gourmet coffees feature full-spectrum CBD extract rich in phytocannabinoids and terpenes. They are truly enhanced coffees designed to increase energy while mitigating many of the negative caffeine and coffee attributes like anxiety, acidity, and the jitters. As the Hemp CBD market rapidly expands with national chains creating their own lines of extracts, CBD Coffee will continue appearing faster and faster in natural food markets and cafes across the world.
How Exactly Does Enhancing Your Morning Coffee With CBD Support Health?
- Cannabidiol has demonstrated short-term anxiolytic and neuroprotective effects.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of Cannabidiol have been shown to alleviate arthritis and joint damage.
- CBD can act as an antiemetic — enabling it to counteract the acids found naturally in coffee and reduce stomach discomfort and other gastro issues.
- Acting as an anticonvulsant and antispasmodic, CBD reduces caffeine jitters for those sensitive to caffeine.
- The anxiety often attributed to consuming caffeine can be reduced by CBD.
- Naturally occurring terpenes found in Hemp Extracts like Beta-Caryophyllene, Humulene, and Alpha Pinene have been shown to exhibit anti-inflammatory and antianxiety characteristics.
- Bioavailability of Cannabidiol is increased in SteepFuze coffee because it binds to the volatile diterpenes in coffee’s naturally occurring oils.
- And as an added bonus, our Industrial Hemp is grown organically and extracted using CO2, none of the less environmentally friendly hydrocarbon solvents like butane or hexane – which means you don’t have to worry about toxins and residual solvents in your coffee.
How Does It Taste?
- Like your favorite cup of home-brewed coffee!
- The Yirgacheffe Coffee is a full-bodied, crisp, light, and lemony bean. A classic African coffee that features a citrusy taste and a very smooth, light finish.
- The Hemp produces a sweet, earthy flavor with overtones of black pepper and slight notes of cherry.
- Their combination produces a gourmet coffee that preserves the Yirgacheffe origin taste profile while subtly complementing the flavor with the Hemp extract’s smooth, subtle notes.
And What Is The Process Like?
- The magic of SteepFuze begins with congenitally blind Master Coffee Roaster and Owner of The Unseen Bean, Gerry Leary. Using his superhuman sense of smell and hearing, Gerry roasts SteepFuze’s organically grown, fair trade, 100% Arabica beans to perfection.
- Next, a full-spectrum CBD extract, derived from organic Hemp grown in Longmont, CO, is infused into the naturally occurring oils expressed from the raw coffee beans during the roasting process.
- During the coffee’s resting period after the roast, the beans naturally reabsorb the oils expressed during the roast along with the full-spectrum CBD extract.
- The result is a gourmet cup of SteepFuze coffee fortified with full-spectrum Hemp CBD.